Sunday 5 April 2009

Is Twitter Turning Into MySpace?

I try and test many social services and since 2003, there are only three that represent me?LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. MySpace was a service that I tried but it did not appeal to me personally for one reason?I wanted to connect with real people and I did not ?see? them on MySpace.

I started using Twitter in early 2007, and it gave me something I cherish in the offline world ? the ability to connect to real people who share my values and learn from them. It also has given me access to people I might never have otherwise been able to speak to. Through Twitter I have had conversations with the likes of Steve Case and Craig Newmark. I learn about new services and tools, read news when it happens and ?my dumb questions? give me instant gratification when people smarter than me actually answer them. Against all the initial skepticism of the people around me at home and at the office, I thoroughly enjoyed Twitter and also noticed that it was ?stealing? me away from Facebook and other services like Google Reader.

Continue Read HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment